I've been watching Emailgate evolve, because I really wanted to see if the PP Govt would actually launch an independent unhindered investigation....and Kamla and her Small Goal squad haven't let me down.
Today's Express story should get you angry...because we have yet another instant of the Attorney General interfering with an investigation.
The AG says the emails are fake.Now In a serious and sensible country lemme tell you what would have happened.
1. The investigation would have been handed over to an independent body. If not, it certainly wouldnt be put into the hands of a police officer whose credibility is already compromised in the public's mind and who is on contract with the Police Service and therefore dependent on the good will of others for his job to be renewed.
2. The investigators would be attempting to determine if the PHYSICAL TRANSCRIPTS that Dr Rowley produced actually have DIGITAL versions. Not the bullshit we have been getting over the past weeks of people looking at type written pages to determine whether they are real or not. There is NO WAY you can determine if the e-mails are real from typed pages. Instead, what is needed is an expert in Forensic IT, someone who can tests the computers/cellphones/ipads etc of the various parties involved to find the corresponding digital files. Instead we have Kamla, Anand and Suruj making asses of through Richardson. To date the only computer he has seized is Rowley's. Is Rowley's name on the e-mail thread? Then why was his computer seized? Why haven't the computing devices of the folks named in the email threads seized? Why are typed pages the only thing being examined by Richardson?
Is Richardson trying to make this investigation fail?
3. If I am to believe everything written in that Express story today, then it seems too that the AG is spearheading this investigation. The Office of the AG doesn't have the power to investigate an alleged crime...that is the DPP's job, yet here we have a case of Ramlogan not only providing a statement, but:
1. Drawing a conclusion in his official statement, while a matter is still under investigation.
2. Hiring his own "experts" and paying them to produce a report that says typed pages are not the real emails. Is a court case going on that we don't know about? Why are experts being paid to give evidence? Why are experts being hired to examine typed pages?
How can a public official who is under investigation be leading and influencing the investigation? Is that legal? Is it ethical?
Why is it that the Police investigation refuses to do the first practical thing and seize the computing devices of the persons named on the email thread and have the email archives for these people retrieved and checked?
In short....why is the Investigation being done Ass Backwards?
Is it that the Government wants it to fail?
Is it that Kamla and Co have something to hide?
Full steam ahead in Full Dotish Mode!