22 more days to the PPG's 2nd anniversary in Govt! If me was Brian Lara, I woulda pre-action protocol myself at this stage and remove my name from the Cancer Centre and Tarouba stadium because things only going to get nastier and it's his name that going to suffer and get muddied every single time. The government still trying to keep the lid on the over-radiation scandal of patients at the Cancer Centre named after you, and an Independent Senator has labelled it "one of the greatest scandals in medical history". Trust me Brian, you don't want your name continually mixed up with either of these structures/institutions...get out!
The AG smelling the 2-year anniversary coming up too and the coalition need legitimate things to celebrate...because how it go look that since The Keith bring that Motion of No Confidence that they in a constant tailspin....credit cards, Cheryl Miller, police brutality, escalating murder rate, crimes against women and children, 21st century non-policing, Vidwattie....Vidwattie....Anand hiring his nephew....Marlene Coudray....Vidwattie...Devant hiring Dookeran cousin....Jack winning internal elections....Vidwattie...Kamla carrying her nephew and niece to India and possibly the public paid for that too....nationwide protests in villages....Vidwattie.....TCL strike.....did I mention Kamla's sister Vidwattie Newton having access to public funds without being an employee of the state?
Right, so in light of the many fiascos that plagues this government and by proxy our nation daily, the government had to try and appear to be doing something...how else to justify the government being a success and stronger than ever 2 years later than....bringing a civil case against Calder Hart? Now let me tell you why after reading the story this immediately became a non-issue for me....the case the state is bringing against Hart hinges on two crucial issues....mismanagement of public funds when it came to building the BC Lara Stadium (aka the Billion Dollar Tsunami Shelter) and the Legal Towers.....and failure to declare family ties....so, now, the Pantomime going to ask all yuh, when last anybody in this country pay a fine or make a jail for bad spending public money or for not declaring that the business they offering a tender to is really them and their family own? Anybody? study all yuh head good? If we used to jail people for bad spending and mismanaging people's money then Duprey, Monteil and Bhoe Tewarie woulda make ah jail by now....so would Ish Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson for what went on with the billion dollar airport....And....when last was it wrong in this government for you and your family to benefit from government contracts?
Folks, since 2010 Prakash Ramadhar and Vernon de Lima wave Sherrine Hart birth paper and imply that they have real info on Calder Hart....info that would prove he and Manning conspire to abuse and misuse UDECOTT funds.....and I waited patiently and eagerly for the information that would prove to me that Manning's squandermania (remember that buzz word) would be proven beyond a doubt and I'd be able to wine back on PNM cronies.....to date ah cyah even do like Lyndira Ouditt and Timothy Hamel-Smith and take privileges and wine on Faris Al Rawi (sighhhh)!!! It is now 23 months later and the best this govt can come up with is a weak civil case that their supporters will slaver over in the hopes that the rest of the country will see that they performing! This civil case going to draw out....watch and see.....I giving it 15 years before it get thrown out for lack of evidence. And as for the criminal case the AG says the state is building with Malaysian authorities, keep your eyes and ears out for it....see if you hear anything about it again by the end of the year. If 23 months later they now dealing with it...you don't think Hart had more than enough time to clean up anything that might be laying around to incriminate him? Study all yuh head good nah?
This government's failure to adequately deal with the Calder Hart bogey, one of the biggest jumbies they waved for the people in May 2010 going to haunt them...watch and see.
And as per Hart's link to his wife Sherrine and Sunway Construction.....look how much government minister have family who own companies that getting government contract....on the basis of its prevalence under this regime it not illegal at all....Hart simply practising Good Family Values KPB style!
For me, the biggest story in today's papers is not Calder Hart, or Faris al Rawi, or the union threat to destabilise the coalition or Anil Roberts behaving like a disrespectful lout to his political leader.....rather it is a story almost buried in the Guardian that synopsising the Auditor General's Report for 2011.
Folks read this report closely, because it is listing a number discrepancies in several ministries such as:
- The Ministry of Education overpaying on 931 occasions to the tune of $8.5m.....so after the first 5 times they couldn't get it right? And according to the report this rend of overpaying happening since under Manning's regime....over $41 million from 2005 - 2011....Hazel, Esthe and Tim, comments please? The report also indicated a disturbing increase in the number of overpayments in the past year....whereas in 2010 there were 643 cases in 2011 it rose to 5280 times the Ministry over paid....that is more than a 100% increase. What Tim really doing with the Min of Ed budget?
- In the Office of the Prime Minister (listed as Vidwattie Newton's address for check collection and where the PM works...it is alleged) "signed formal service agreements were not produced for 50 per cent of the sample of contract officers. As a result, terms and conditions of employment for these officers were not determined, the report stated." I hope all yuh reading!
- In the ministry of Finance (Dooks ministry, eh), "the required cabinet minute approving posts were not seen for six people. Formal contracts were not produced for 31 of the 32 contract employees in the sample selected."
- In the Ministry of Foreign Affairs "contracts were not produced for audit for two contractors for refurbishment works in which expenditure totalled $1.9 million."
- In the Ministry of Works, "only one of the 30 Overpayment Registers from the Pay Sections was produced for audit examination and therefore the number of cases of overpayments for the year in this sector, and other details could not have been verified"
- from a sample of 12 contract officers at Parliament, signed contract agreements were not seen for 11, the report stated. Approved terms and conditions were not seen for seven officers. Approval from the Speaker of the House of Representatives was not seen for one officer. The report noted 44 cases of theft and losses of state property in 2011 totalling $1.3 million
Listen, is best all yuh go and read the full story and maybe find a copy of the Auditor General's report, because what this pointing to is gross incompetence, breaches of protocol and mismanagement of public funds in at least 5 ministries...And this has led to wastage of public monies and if that is not Squandermania then I don't know what is!
De Vice Cyah Done!